Wondering if you might benefit from therapy? Take a moment to answer the following questions:
1. Have you ever experienced any of the following?
- Inability to achieve restful sleep or waking up tired
- Feelings of sadness or crying spells, sometimes for no apparent reason
- Gaining or losing weight
- Lethargy / Lack of motivation
- Inability to experience joy or happiness
- Poor concentration
Answering "yes" to 3 or more of these questions could indicate clinical depression.
2. Do you find yourself...
- Critical of yourself and others?
- Seeing things in "black-and-white" absolutes?
- Predicting doom and gloom?
- Over-reacting to minor problems?
- Engaging in self-defeating behavior?
- Repeating the same behaviors / experiences over and over?
If you answered "yes" to 2 or more of these, therapy may help you to eliminate negativity in your life.
3. Have you ever...
- Felt guilt over drinking or using drugs?
- Continued to drink / use drugs despite negative consequences?
- Hid your drinking / drug use from others?
- Become defensive when others bring attention to your drinking / drug use?
- Tried to quit or control your substance use without success?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these, you may have a substance abuse problem that could be helped by therapy.
4. Do you regularly experience...
- Increased muscle tension?
- Trouble concentrating / focusing?
- Restlessness or inability to relax?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these, you may benefit from therapy for stress management.